Today I thought I would share with you a delicious Easter recipe which is not only delicious for adults but is also delicious for children. Today I am proud to share with you a Easter Lemon Oreo Truffle recipe. Please note, you can use other flavoured Oreos to create the same type of truffles.
1 pack of Oreos (I used Lemon)
225g of full fat cream cheese - softened
28g of solid cooking fat (Cookeen)
64g white chocolate chips
64g Wilton yellow chocolate melts
Garnish: sugar crystals (optional)
Zest of 2 lemons
1. Line a large tray with grease proof paper and place it to one side.
2. Finely crush your pack of Oreos.
I used a food processor but you can also place them in a Zip bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
3. Place the crushed Oreos into the refrigerator and chill for 15 minutes.
This will make it easier to handle.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and crushed Oreos.
Mix with your hands until well incorporated.
5. Form the mixture into 24 one inch balls and place on the large tray.
6. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
7. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 14g of solid cooking fat for 40 seconds or until melted.
Add the white chocolate chips and stir continuously until melted.
8. Dip 12 of the truffles into the melted white chocolate and place on your baking tray.
Immediately garnish with lemon zest on top before the chocolate "sets."
9. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 14g of solid cooking fat for 40 seconds or until melted. Add the yellow chocolate melts and stir continuously until melted.
10. Dip the remaining 12 balls into the melted yellow chocolate and place on the baking tray. Immediately garnish with lemon zest and sugared crystals (optional).
11. Wait 15 minutes for the chocolate to set.
12. ENJOY or chill until ready to serve.