Are you looking for meal ideas for all the family?
Something which is quick and easy?
Birds Eye offer a range of meals which are packed with flavor but can be made in a matter of minutes. The meals are made with fresh ingredients and are perfect for all the family.
Maxwell and I visited our local Tesco's recently to see what we fancied from the Birdseye range. We came to the conclusion that Maxwell would enjoy Birds Eye Rice Fusions and Birds Eye Fish Fingers together. Birds Eye rice fusions are a delicious combination of long grain rice, vegetables and herbs and spices. Birds Eye fish fingers are free from artificial colours, flavours or preservatives and are made from real Fish Fillet.
When making Maxwell his meal I found the instructions on the packets easy to follow. The meal was easy to prepare. The rice took a matter of minutes in the microwave whilst the fish fingers took a little longer in the oven. The meal took roughly around 25 mins to make and I was excited to see Maxwell's reaction to it.
I sat Maxwell down in his highchair and gave him a bowl of rice with fish fingers cut in chunks on top. Maxwell digged right in and looked as if he was enjoying his meal.
I was pleased to see a generous amount of veg included in the rice and Maxwell enjoyed eating the fish fingers. They were soft and had a nice thin layer of batter around them.
Maxwell ate most of his dinner however he left some rice and then decided to play with it. The meal was a success.
Are you looking for something a little more filling? Why not try making a cheesy fish finger and leek pie.
Cheesy Fish Finger and Leek Pie
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
6 Birds Eye Fishfinger
15ml Vegetable Oil
8 Baby Carrots
2 Large Potatoes
75g Cheddar Cheese
1. Cook the Birds Eye Fish Fingers for 12-15 minutes until pale golden brown
2. Grease a heatproof dish approx 18 x 28cm
3. In a heavy based frying pan heat the oil until hot. Add the leeks and carrots and cook for about 5 minutes until tender then stir-fry with the courgettes and potato. Cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until the potato is cooked but not browned
4. Season well. Cut each Fish Finger in half and toss carefully into the vegetable mixture then put into the dish
5. Sprinkle over the cheese and cook in a preheated oven 190C/170C/ Gas 5 or cook under a preheated moderate grill for about 5-10 minutes until golden brown
I did not receive any financial reward for writing this review.
However we did receive the product for review purposes. Everything written in this post is my own, honest opinion.